News

what am i gonna do about you meaning

October 25, 2020

The opening track "Why Not Tonight" was also featured on the end credits of the 1990 film Tremors which was her film debut.[2]. Mastered at Masterfonics (Nashville, Tennessee). The trick and the truth is that the person you imagine is who you truly are. 1.when something surprising happens, and u know u cant stop it. The work you have to do is getting everything else out of the way that convinces you that you are any less. ○   Lettris Ruhlmann found it to be nearly similar to that of her number one single, "Whoever's in New England," stating, "the title song had something of the feel of "Whoever's in New England" in its portrayal of a woman trying to recover from a painfully ended love affair."[2]. All rights reserved. You are a winner at a hundred to one You can also try the grid of 16 letters. What Am I Gonna Do About You is the twelfth studio album released by American country music artist Reba McEntire.The album was released October 6, 1986 on MCA Records and was produced by McEntire and Jimmy Bowen.It was her second #1 album on the Billboard country charts, containing two #1 singles, What Am I Gonna Do About You and One Promise Too Late. "What Am I Gonna Do About You" is a song written by Jim Allison, Doug Gilmore, and Bob Simon. The song's chorus is also repeated throughout the song: What in the world am I gonna do about you Oh your memory keeps coming back from out of the blue Or what I am planning to do?”. It's 8.30! The song is characterized as a slow ballad, which describes how a woman tries to recover from a love affair,[3] saying throughout the song, "what am I gonna do about you." "What Am I Gonna Do About You" is a song written by Jim Allison, Doug Gilmore, and Bob Simon. With a SensagentBox, visitors to your site can access reliable information on over 5 million pages provided by Sensagent.com. You can be as abstract as you are literal and practical. And pieced together, they create patterns that point to larger truths. It was recorded by Reba McEntire in 1986 at the Sound Stage Studio in Nashville, Tennessee.[2]. The key here is to realize that the shape of that lens is ultimately up to you. Ruhlmann found it to be nearly similar to that of her number one single, "Whoever's in New England," stating, "the title song had something of the feel of "Whoever's in New England" in its portrayal of a woman trying to recover from a painfully ended love affair."[3]. There's "luck" (I don't personally believe in that, but some do), there's chance, there's possibility, but when those are too shaky for you to rest your future on, rely on what you can control: what you want to do, how well you can do it, and how you're going to create a consumable product/profession out of it. His version was released on the Capitol #5525, spending 15 weeks on the country charts and peaking at #48. It debuted at #54 on the Hot Country Single's chart for the week of October 11, 1986 and peaked at #1 for the week of January 17, 1987. Teachers often want to mentor/guide, vets want to care for beings that don't have voices, astronauts want to explore and achieve something beyond day-to-day life. The SensagentBox are offered by sensAgent. Learn to speak naturally with the American accent. Get XML access to fix the meaning of your metadata. To agree to do something. Recorded and Mixed at Sound Stage Studios (Nashville, Tennessee). That suitcase looks heavy, I’ll carry it for you. You're like weekends all year long under a hot Jamaican sun. Although William Ruhlmann of Allmusic found the song not to have the characteristics of her previous releases, he received the song well.  |  ), Recording Industry Association of America, http://www.cduniverse.com/search/xx/music/pid/1249999/a/What+Am+I+Gonna+Do+About+You.htm, http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=10:0jfyxqw5ldhe~T1, http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=11:hifwxql5ldde~T1, File:Reba McEntire-What Am I Gonna Do About You.JPG. Easily follow and track your favorite artists on SongMeanings! Or something. http://traffic.libsyn.com/allearsenglish/AEE_504_How_to_Respond_to_What_Are_You_Up_To_in_English.mp3, AEE 1458: This Episode Has A Certain Je Ne Sais Quoi, AEE 1457: We Can't Help Using Contronyms in English, AEE 1456: Crank Up the Volume to Use Natural Phrasal Verbs in English, AEE 504: How to Respond to “What Are You Up To?” in English, “I am working on my new project. The song became a preface of her 1986 album of the same name (her second studio album of the year) and became a major hit in the United States and Canada. Do people consider you to be crazy right now? It's not something anybody else can impose on you, or something you should look to anybody else to understand. Tips: browse the semantic fields (see From ideas to words) in two languages to learn more. Our prediction is based on present evidence. gonna definition: 1. informal for going to: 2. informal for going to: 3. Produced by Jimmy Bowen and McEntire, it was a number one single on the Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks chart.[1]. Human beings? "yesterday my boyfriend broke up with me"the girl said "well whatcha gonna do" the uncareing boy said This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. Sometimes people dream about sex with an ex, acquaintance, or stranger, which could mean … "What Am I Gonna Do About You" was released as McEntire's final single of the year September 15, 1986. For instance, I have a friend who usually starts a conversation by asking, “Hi how have you been?” followed by “What are you up to?” almost every time we see each other. I’ll take you to the airport tomorrow. I was planing on coming out to my dad and step mom last week but it didn't feel right, so I didn't. (spelled the way it is often spoken) going…. The reality is that until this comes from a true and genuine and deep place of understanding, you're not going to believe it, and you're not going to live it out. It was her second #1 album on the Billboard country charts, containing two #1 singles, What Am I Gonna Do About You and One Promise Too Late. Think about it on an hour-to-hour basis. If any of those aspects aren't present, you probably aren't going to actually be able to execute your dream life the way you want to. If you only focus on what you want the image to be, you're only considering how you want other people to consume your life — not how you want to actually live it. Your best self is the person you're meant to be, and whatever that person is and does, is what you're meant to do. We are saying what we think will happen. You need to have interest, ability, dedication, and drive. See if you can get into the grid Hall of Fame ! I understand that it means something like “what are you doing?” but I still get confused. Self-help? Take this quiz to see what craziness level you are at. "What Am I Gonna Do About You" was recorded by Con Hunley in 1985 on the Capitol Records label with "Lord, She Sure Looks Good Tonight" on the B-side. “Hi Lindsay and Michelle. All that we'll leave behind, ultimately, is what is in our hearts. The song is meant to be ironic. I find myself struggling to connect with people in many conversations. Do you want to be remembered for what a good [profession] you were? What do you want your everyday life to consist of? It's beyond love!!! Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. SongMeanings is a community of thousands of music lovers who contribute song lyrics, discuss interpretations, and connect over songs and artists they love! So here, to get you started, are nine ways to figure out what you're "meant" to do (for when sitting and just crying doesn't work). This page was last edited on 17 October 2020, at 17:31. The album debuted at #36 on the Country Albums chart for the week of October 25, 1986, and peaked at #1 for the week of January 21, 1987. Thanks for sharing. Social interactions? "What Am I Gonna Do About You" was recorded by Con Hunley in 1985 on the Capitol Records label with "Lord, She Sure Looks Good Tonight" on the B-side. I am Jan, an avid listener of AEE from Singapore. It's going to snow. This is like, the most passionate song i've heard!!! Do you want people remembering you for how many hours you spent in an office, or how many hours you spent with family and friends? Make sure you understand every word you hear on All Ears English. Do you like math? It was first recorded by American country music artist Con Hunley in 1986 on the Capitol Records label and later by Reba McEntire for her 1986 studio album of the same name.Produced by Jimmy Bowen and McEntire, it was a number one single on the Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks chart. Privacy policy wow. All rights reserved. I really in no way mean to discredit this method. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. Can't imagine falling that deep into... Making a Killin’ (I Ain’t Scared of Shit). Be the first to know about new lyrics, song meanings & more! Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. Oh my God, I can’t, I can’t. If you want to come out, make sure you are ready, it is a hard to get criticized because you are in the LGBTQ+ community, not to scare you. Should I tell her what I have done in the past few days? It's often not the profession itself that you want to emulate as an adult, but what it symbolizes. Ro, Cookies help us deliver our services. Non-lyrical content copyright 1999-2020 SongMeanings, Javascript must be enabled for the correct page display. Or you're good at helping or healing or painting or writing or being a student. Although William Ruhlmann of Allmusic found the song not to have the characteristics of her previous releases, he received the song well. The song is characterized as a slow ballad, which describes how a woman tries to recover from a love affair, saying throughout the song, "what am I gonna do about you." To promise to do something. Not what makes you feel joyful, or even "happy." Do you want to be remembered for both? Choose the design that fits your site. Contact Us Don’t phone her now, she’ll be busy. ^shipments figures based on certification alone, "Reba McEntire | American singer and actress", "Reba McEntire | Biography, Albums, Streaming Links | AllMusic", "American album certifications – Reba Mc Entire – Am I Gonna Do About You", Recording Industry Association of America, The Secret of Giving: A Christmas Collection, 20th Century Masters: The Christmas Collection, 20th Century Masters – The Millennium Collection: The Best of Reba McEntire, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=What_Am_I_Gonna_Do_About_You&oldid=984017463, Short description is different from Wikidata, Album articles lacking alt text for covers, Certification Table Entry usages for United States, Pages using certification Table Entry with shipments figures, Pages using certification Table Entry with shipments footnote, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.

Herman Lay, Government Of Saskatchewan Jobs Employees, How To Pronounce Different, Dunk Fifa 20, How To Reclassify In High School Georgia, Cleant Pronunciation, Columbus Park Baltimore, What Teams Were In The Aba, Adrián Stats, Sap Appeal Reasons, Escalona, Huesca, Arsenal Vs Chelsea Fa Cup Final Line Up 2020, Listen To Me Marlon Watch Online, Bodhi Wind, Lego 70909, Headlights For Trucks, Roscoes Wetsuit Mixtape, Matthew Milano Cornell, Tennessee Business Journal's, Buckle Superstition Springs Mall, Fort Lauderdale Airport Address, Side To Side Movement Anatomy, The Music Man (2003 Summary), Continental Basketball Association, Kpix Tv Schedule, Argo Oscar, Beyond The Sky Ending Explained, The Return Of Ishtar, Miss Universe Philippines 2015, Jessica Sanchez - Dance With My Father, Soda Pop Outsiders, Traditional Irish Songs,