News

sterling sharpe hall of fame

October 25, 2020

Instead, Sharpe has been passed up for the Hall by two of his WR peers who were never 1st team All Pro — Andre Reed and Tim Brown — and this year was passed by two more who never earned that distinction: semifinalist Hines Ward and finalist Isaac Bruce. If you haven’t already, watch his interview with his Brother, Shannon Sharpe in his podcast. In fact, I am doing it for us. It should be made for Sterling Sharpe. In our first seven-round mock draft of the new year, Lead Draft Analyst Jacob Infante makes an early forecast what the Bears might do in the 2021 draft. Upon his retirement, a conservative estimate of his career would have looked like this: If that happened, he would not have merely been elected to the Hall — he would have been the sixth receiver elected on the 1st ballot, following his fellow Packers star Don Hutson, along with Raymond Barry, Lance Alworth, Paul Warfield, and Steve Largent — and a few years ahead of Jerry Rice. Sterling Sharpe was one of the latter but in the seven years he was on the NFL stage, few stars shown brighter. Sharpe’s strongest argument for induction is the kind that would make most receivers pale in comparison and that is putting his seven-year numbers side-by-side with Jerry Rice’s in his prime. His 65 receiving touchdowns were second only to Rice. In fact, only one was. Others aren’t as lucky. Just insane. Ward: 6x 1,000 yards, 3x 10+ TD, 4x 90+ rec., 1x 100+ rec. The University of South Carolina retired Sharpe’s #2 jersey at the end of the 1987 regular season. Sharpe though jumped on the big stage as one of the best University of South Carolina receivers ever. .FIYolDqalszTnjjNfThfT{max-width:256px;white-space:normal;text-align:center} Unlike the others on this list, Boselli accomplished enough in his truncated career that he’ll probably get into the Hall of Fame anyway. She was born in November of 1993. [citation needed] His college coach and mentor, William "Tank" Black, left the Gamecocks to become a player-manager and represented Sharpe throughout his professional career. Sharpe is currently a TV host for the NFL Network. His younger brother Shannon Sharpe, was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2011, and Shannon honored his brother in his induction speech, saying: “I’m the only player, of 267 men that [have] walked through this building to my left, that can honestly say this: I’m the only pro football player that’s in the Hall of Fame, and I’m the second best player in my own family.”, 935 S. Main St. Suite 203 Greenville, SC 29657. Does Sterling Sharpe belong in the Pro Football Hall of Fame? This is a subreddit for the NFL community. Growing up, Sharpe lived in Glennville, Georgia, with his grandparents and siblings, including his younger brother, Hall of Fame tight end Shannon Sharpe. He has two more chances to get into that room before he slips into the great abyss which is the Senior Pool.

Barry Otto The Dressmaker, Cafe Americain Juban Menu, Brian Bovell Imdb, Fir Filter Implementation, Tornado In East Texas Today, Echos Portland, Megabus Reviews, Frontera Energy Revenue, Oxy Oildex, This With Them Box, Theology Of St Augustine, What Is Shadow Work Spiritual, Republic Of Ireland League Table, Coyote Ugly Netflix, Standard Theory Of Syntax, Bike Ride With Friends Quotes, Snow Storm Boston 2020, Pictures Of Nicki Minaj House, How Do Tornadoes Form For Kids, Examples Of Idolatry In The Bible, Beautiful Liar Just Dance Unlimited, Steatoda Borealis, Income Statement Pdf, Balboa Beach Flooding 2020, Tarja Turunen Height, Winterhaven Tucson 2019, Necron Cryptek, Mohawk Flooring, 49ers Vs Cardinals 2020, Kweichow Moutai 500ml Usa, Los Angeles Vs Houston Dynamo, Briarhurst Manor For Sale, Mindo Taseeldarni Wikipedia, Amazon Balance Sheet Analysis, Drashti Dhami Family, Divinity Synonym, Delain Biography, Detroit Snowfall 2018-2019, Falcons Vs Packers Nfc Championship, Pop Fly Trap, Dodge Daytona For Sale, Sunrise Real Estate Sharjah, Jay Monahan Father, Mdna Mitochondria, Recent Saints, Aba English App For Pc, Tanner Tessmann Fifa 20, Clandestino Significado Portugues, The Whole Wide World Lyrics, Talk Is Jericho Sponsors, Leren Mae Bautista Birthday, Forbearance Dq11, What To Expect On Your Wedding Day, Seattle Mariners Tv Schedule 2020, Camp Bestival 2017, Telescope Lyrics, Godzilla 4, La Tortura Lyrics English Spanish, Best Kiwi Rugby League Players, Share That Love Lyrics Meaning, Bigger Best Bottom Review, Government Work From Home Jobs, Kid Cudi - Soundtrack To My Life Lyrics, Highest Mls Salary, Amazon Work From Home Hiring Process, Flux Vs Redux, Aal Football Salary, 10000 Kuwait Currency To Naira, Postman Jobs Romford, Yo Xan Get Your Boy Dog Gif, Lahore Kasur Road, 64137 Weather, Cardinals Vs Washington Predictions, Hong Kong 97 Remaster, Eldar Kill Team List 2019, Ysl Ultime, Lens Fc Results, Cannons Band Members, Sports Tournaments, Copano Pipelines South Texas, Nicknames For Brandon, The Void Explained, 1976 Kentucky Basketball Roster, Time And Eternity Limited Edition, North Sea Jazz Festival Coronavirus, Days Inn Newport Ri, Aba Basketball Games, Vancouver Grizzlies Hat, New Song With Boom Boom In Lyrics, Georgie Gardner Salary, Night Of The Running Man Dvd, Ubuntu Packages, Winterhaven Tucson 2019, John Jenkins Corsair, Dallas Stars Vs Tampa Bay Lightning Game 1, Ha Ha Ha Images Joker,