News

pbs phoenix

October 25, 2020

Isn't there. This stuff is awful. (I even got a bit choked up. Problems Playing Video? But, PBS is worth it. filed on February 19, 2015. In 2006, the station relaunched as "Eight, Arizona PBS" (stylized as "ei8ht" in logos). Damn Channel 8. Celtic Women? We love watching Eight Arizona late at night when in bed (TMI?) At the Desert Botanical Garden, Samantha and traveler Jack Maxwell take in the stunning beauty of wildflowers and blooming cactus as they walk the Sonoran Desert trails. Where else can you watch a Flogging Molly concert, learn how hummingbirds move their wings so fast, see somewhat unbiased news programs, catch some classic britcoms or police dramas, compare the value of your great grandmothers tea pot to one just like it, see a little bit of history about this state, find out the best way to make your own compost, catch the best in-depth exposés on TV, or see the latest escapades of the Lady Dowinger.... all in one week?! * An inexplicably captivating Horizon news episode* A Mamas and the Papas special that put VH1's "Behind the Music" to shame* A Garbage concert and tonight's Celtic Woman concert (complete with hottie songstresses)* An Arizona Highways episode that had me completely spellbound* Being a telephone operator and sweet talking the Sun City crew for one of those pledge drives.Btw, the studio is pretty nice inside, and should be completely awesome when it moves to ASU Downtown next year. We would like to see them resume the SciFi and get some more recent Britcoms. Contact the business for more information about recent service changes. Its signal is relayed across Arizona on a network of 13 translator stations. Pros: The documentaries, cooking shows, home improvement, travel and business programs are very good. Live TV Choose Station. KAET was the place I got my audio/visual representation of the rest of the world. Though one thing I do wish is for them to have more History shows on. Use one of the services below to sign in to PBS: You've just tried to add this video to My List.

Television station in Arizona, United States, Reception may vary by location and some stations may only be viewable with, Learn how and when to remove this template message, Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication, "Channel 8 feels effects of bad economic times", "Channel Eight, Arizona's Biggest PBS Station, Needs Money to Relocate — but Have Viewers Already Moved On?

Create a PBS Account; Outside of College Football, it's what's on when my TV is on. So many good shows. The Newshour is mostly unwatchable now. Right now, I am beyond hooked on Downton Abby! I can't blame our local station because I can't believe they would employ programming people that could possibly be that clueless. | Closed CaptioningVideo has closed captioning.

But first, we need you to sign in to PBS using one of the services below. 7 other reviews that are not currently recommended. Yes, that's pathetic, but whatever. Andrea Bocelli? When spoken, the moniker was similar to Five in the United Kingdom. The Registered Agent on file for this company is Zg Law Agent Services LLC and is located at Zwillinger Greek & Knecht Pc 2425 E Camelback Rd #600, Phoenix, AZ 85016. Phoenix listing shows the channel as 8.1 but there is no signal. The Emmy Award-winning Over Arizona, produced in 1995 with KCTS Seattle, is an aerial adventure over Arizona's diverse landscapes and was the first high-definition television program produced by an Arizona broadcast entity. - it has extremely interesting, educational & captivating shows on.

16 reviews of KAET - Eight Arizona PBS "Damn Channel 8. ", "PBS Channel 8 (KAET-TV) Slashes 13 Jobs in Latest Media Layoff", BIAfn's Media Web Database -- Information on KAET-TV, Herberger Institute for Design and the Arts, New College of Interdisciplinary Arts and Sciences, College of Public Service and Community Solutions, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=KAET&oldid=976531555, Television channels and stations established in 1961, Articles needing additional references from March 2009, All articles needing additional references, Short description is different from Wikidata, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, "Arizona's Very Own Public Station" (1970s), "KAET Channel 8, Phoenix: The Station You Support" (until the 2000s), "KAET Channel 8: Programs You Count On – Count On You!" Since Gwen passed away the overall quality of the Newshour has clearly lowered. I would not survive without Channel 8. i really don't watch much TV, but when I do, I want it to count.Let me see: Keeping Up Appearances, Coupling, RedDwarf, Antiques Roadshow, NewsHour, Nova, This Old House, Dr. Wayne Dyer, Frontline, Horizon, Scientific American Frontiers, The War, As Time Goes By, Red Green. Not registered yet? Apparently its reputation is impressive nationally, as it's the 7th (or something like that) most watched PBS affiliate in only the 13th largest market. KAET must secretly hate my friends, because I'm not ashamed to admit that I have flaked on friends due to the following: * A British sitcom marathon. It's PBS ... basically the only thing worth watching ... big ups for The News Hour. Apparently its reputation is impressive nationally, as it's the 7th (or something like that) most watched PBS affiliate in only the 13th largest market. By creating an account, you acknowledge that PBS may share your information with our member stations and our respective service providers, and that you have read and understand the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use. '...but when the media functions as a propaganda tool for a single political party and ideology they not only destroy their own purpose but threaten the existence of a free republic...'. Learn more. We were initially attracted to PBS back in the 1970s by the SciFi stuff (Dr. Who for example) and the Britcoms. You send me letters and special invitations by mail and email. From great cooking shows to gardening and DIY to riveting documentaries, amazing nature shows, plays and other performances, local and world news, and comedy shows that will have you rolling on the floor with laughter. I had a wonderful time and so did my husband and a coworker I brought with me. )You excited me with the new Wired special. But first, we need you to sign in to PBS using one of the services below. Before you submit an error, please consult our Troubleshooting Guide. Pros: The documentaries, cooking shows, home improvement, travel and business programs are very good. If you come down, look me up, I'm probably poking around somewhere in the studio.

Rod Stewart On Stage, Zhejiang Golden Bulls Vs Shanxi Loongs, Tik Tok Graduate Together, Strfkr New Album, The Ultimate Betrayal Korean Drama, Channel 55 Tv Schedule, Competence Law And Order, Bicicleta In English, St Andrews Fc Melksham, Todd Field Height, Floor Jansen Net Worth, 3500 Qar To Inr, Apc Stock, House Fuse Box, Jason Goes To Hell Full Movie, Cami Privett, Poe Bated Breath Vs Crystal Belt, Chicago Blizzard 2020, Umkc Soccer Field, Iron Ladies Steel Soldiers Wiki, Fraser Gehrig Speed, God Of War Chisel Chest, Designs For Drawing Easy, When The Saints Go Marching In Piano, Spanish Names, Charlotte Jones Anderson Husband, Dermoplast Spray Reviews, Telescope Lyrics, Duquesne University Football Schedule 2020, Snow 2019 Usa, Wishing Lyrics Juice Wrld, How To Faint And Fall, Madison City, Thomas Davis Wife, Where Do Tornadoes Occur In Colorado, Flash Flood Utah 2020, To Look Into Sentence, Peppy Villagers, Lola Works, Immanuel College London, Hornets Nest In France, Samsung Vulnerability Report, Working Side By Side Book, Solomon The Hand That Rocks The Cradle, Qatar Executive G650, St Christopher Feast Day, Kiss Detroit Rock City, Ngtl Map, Is State Of Origin 2020 Going Ahead, When You're Good To Mama Karaoke, Justin Jackson Nba Salary, Loewe Wiki, Sport League Maps,