News

larry fitzgerald ball boy

October 25, 2020

“I always mess with (Cardinals general manager) Steve (Keim), (and) I’m like, ‘Steve, we should’ve just took him with the fifth pick a couple years back, we might have a couple Super Bowls right now.’”, “Just watching Adrian (Peterson), and seeing the success he’s been able to have, people were (asking) if he still had it, and I think he’s been outstanding,” Fitzgerald said. “He’s always inviting me to come work out with him (in the offseason) and get on his routine; those are things that people don’t see,” Thielen said. Being from AZ, I’ve always been a huge Cardinals fan. © 2020 ARIZONA CARDINALS. Exactly what I was thinking lol guy really deserves a ring. Instead, they took tackle Levi Brown, and that turned out to be the wrong choice, as Brown’s out of the league, and Peterson’s still going strong, leading the NFL in rushing. Got to spend 2 hours walking through the play facility with him and his son. Being able to watch (former Vikings wide receivers) Randy Moss, and Cris Carter – two Hall of Famers – and watch (former Vikings defensive tackle and Hall of Famer) John Randle (and) his work ethic every single day, and (former Vikings quarterback) Randall Cunningham, and just go down the list of the guys I was able to watch, and see how they were able to conduct themselves in terms of their preparation and how they took care of their bodies, it was a great learning experience for me; one of the best internships I’ve ever had.”. When he retires, he will have had one of the most productive receiving careers in NFL history. There is no one way to speak highly of Fitzgerald. This web site is not intended for users located within the European Economic Area. This feature requires Season Plus subscription. The last four weeks of the regular season are going to be extremely tough for the Cardinals, starting with their game against Peterson and the Vikings in primetime this week. Put another way, he’s gone from chasing balls on the sideline to pulling down amazing passes in bounds en route to a gold jacket in Canton. “I grew up watching him, for crying out loud. For the record, Fitzgerald has faced the Vikings six times in his career as a member of the Cardinals, and he’s 1-5 against them. All four of these teams are solidly in the playoff hunt in the NFC, and none of them will show any pity on the Cardinals if they slip up. The touchdowns, one-handed catches and precise route running are all breathtaking, and what makes Fitz’s accomplishments sweeter is his path to NFL pantheon. Where he lands between Moss, Jerry Rice and Terrell Owens is unknown at this point. He just goes about his business and plays. The fact he has A Football Life while still playing is baller. His humble beginnings with the Vikings have Fitzgerald right where he is right now with the Cardinals, and oddly enough, on the eve of playing his hometown team, the Vikings, on Thursday Night Football at University of Phoenix Stadium. I still look up to him,” he said. When the boss walked away, he came up to me and handed me a piece of paper with a number on it, winked at me and whispered, “call for tickets”. Branding With The Stars: Jordan And Michigan Set The Pace For College Football, HBO’s Ballers: Season 2, Episode 8, ‘Laying In The Weeds’, The Dodgers are one win away from a World Series t, Walker Buehler dominates in Game 3 to help the #Do, Branding With The Stars: Jordan And Michigan Set T…, Six Fantasy Football Buy-Low Candidates to Trade For. “I love his game because he doesn’t trash talk ever. Fitzgerald’s place among the best wide receivers of all time may be worth a debate in the barber shop. I see a lot of ball boys (as) I go around the league, and guys would be like, ‘Man, Mr. Fitzgerald, man, I’ve been a ball boy for three or four years, and I want to follow your career path,’ and I’m like, ‘Just keep working (and) believing in yourself.’ It’s happened probably five or six times throughout my career.”. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. Like most people, Fitzgerald looks vastly different now than he did during his high school days. Fitzgerald has continued to give his all to the thousands of fans who flocked to the University of Phoenix Stadium as well as the supporters shrieking at the televisions in their humble abodes from near, far and wide. A Football Life - Larry Fitzgerald Nov 10, 2017 A Football Life chronicles the career of wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald, from his time as a ball boy for the Minnesota Vikings to his career as an all-pro and future hall of famer with the Arizona Cardinals. He’s an excellent route runner. Fitzgerald returned the feelings and compliment in Peterson’s direction when he was asked if he could envision teaming up with Peterson either now, or back when the team had a chance to grab him nine years ago. Fitz having one for no reason other than just being the man, definitely baller, Brandon marshall, Ray Lewis and Bill Belichick have all had one off the top of my had while active. He was so incredibly nice and funny. But that has not been the case for Fitzgerald. He is clearly transcending many of the markers of the NFL. Can you name the 2 players who had 3-game streaks? © 2020 NFL Enterprises LLC. Jen Welter Believes Talking with Kids Could Help Keep COVID-19 Out of the NFL, TSFJ Week 6 Fantasy Football Waiver Wire Report, FMU’s Coronavirus Crisis Is A Symptom Of A Bigger Problem, How Doc Rivers Can Overcome A Dysfunctional L.A. Clippers Roster, The 2000-01 Los Angeles Lakers And The Most Dominant Playoff Run In The History Of Life. It could very well be the final time Fitzgerald makes an appearance in his hometown. By continuing to use the site, you accept our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy. Fitzgerald absolutely deserves it. Got the chance to meet Larry when I was working at a child play center. Larry Fitzgerald was born and raised in Minnesota. Prior to being selected third overall in the 2004 NFL Draft, Larry learned under the watchful eye of the late Dennis Green. Adam Thielen was 12 years old when Larry Fitzgerald took the NCAA by storm, catching 34 touchdown passes in two seasons before being selected No. With his superhuman ability to catch just about anything thrown his way, Fitz was clearly born to join the pecking order of NFL wide receivers. #ShockTheWorld, TSFJ.com is exclusively managed by GrowthLeads Limited, For any editorial inquiries: That feeling hasn’t worn off for Thielen, even though Fitzgerald is now closer to a friend than an idol. Not everyone who grew up watching Fitzgerald can say they went on to become his friend, but for the rest, simply getting to play against him is enough. A daily digital publication for the thoughtful and insight-seeking sports fan. | Reddit: u/GREAT_BARRIER_REIFF. This is a subreddit for the NFL community. That said, there is another “Larry Legend,” but this one isn’t from French Lick, Indiana. The Cardinals had a chance to draft Peterson fifth overall in the 2007 NFL Draft. “It’s great. I wish them well, just not this Thursday.”. The milestone touchdown itself was a reminder of the days when he trained with unique catching drills with his grandfather, Dr. Robert Johnson. TEMPE, Ariz. – Being a Minnesota native, Larry Fitzgerald grew up in and around the Vikings organization, serving as a ball boy for the team during Dennis Green’s tenure as head coach. JAN,FEB,MAR,APR,MAY,JUN,JUL,AUG,SEP,OCT,NOV,DEC, JANUARY,FEBRUARY,MARCH,APRIL,MAY,JUNE,JULY,AUGUST,SEPTEMBER,OCTOBER,NOVEMBER,DECEMBER, Sunday,Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday, This video cannot be played on your device. When using Safari, please ensure cookies are enabled in settings under Safari > Preferences > Privacy. That was a lot of fun,” Fitzgerald said. “It shaped me completely,” Fitzgerald said. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts This past Sunday, Fitzgerald became the 10th player in NFL history to catch 100 touchdowns. I’m just trying to learn from him whenever I can.”. No matter who manned the quarterback position, his performance, integrity and passion never wavered. He was built for the rigors of the NFL. Many players have talent; not many play for nearly two decades. Larry Fitzgerald as a Minnesota Vikings ball boy. He showed up 15 minutes after we closed, checked the door was locked and got back in his car and started to leave. Become a Stathead . “I’d be lying to you if I told you I didn’t root for them and all my buddies on the team they have there in (Vikings quarterback) Teddy (Bridgewater), and (Vikings running back) Adrian (Peterson), and (Vikings tight end) Kyle Rudolph, and a bunch of guys that I talk to a lot. Still, it seems that Fitzgerald used his time wisely as a ball boy. Our news platform is now an integral part of the CaptainGambling family — the best place to find the latest and greatest US sports betting bonuses. He’s not afraid to go in there. He’s continued to climb up the list. A native of Minneapolis, Fitzgerald was a Vikings ball boy during the Dennis Green era and high school star at Holy Angels Academy. The following browsers are supported: Chrome, Edge (v80 and later), Firefox and Safari. Larry Darnell Fitzgerald Jr. (born August 31, 1983) is an American football wide receiver for the Arizona Cardinals of the National Football League (NFL). At least it is for some of the Vikings that will get to play against him during Saturday’s preseason game at U.S. Bank Stadium. He played college football at Pittsburgh, where he earned unanimous All-America honors. Columbus, Ohio born. The browser you are using is no longer supported on this site. For many Vikings, just playing against Larry…, Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window), Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window), Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window), Submit to Stumbleupon (Opens in new window), For many Vikings, just playing against Larry Fitzgerald is a privilege, Vikings hope to get guard Pat Elflein back soon, designate him for return from injured reserve, Vikings insist they’re still focused on this season despite looking like sellers, The Loop Fantasy Football Update Week 7: Last-minute moves, Dane Mizutani: All aboard Rick Spielman’s train of excuses for 1-5 Vikings, Chino Latino is kaput, and a temporary Lowertown closure.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers 2002 Roster, Dresden Files Spell List, Angard Meaning, Liberty Utilities, Narced On Him, Personal Statement Example, Saints Radio Network, Chicken Soup For The Soul Original, Anjali Rao Utsw, Things To Do In Pawleys Island, Super Love Tees Discount Code, Detroit Snowfall 2018-2019, Uae News Today, Denver Zoo Promo Code August 2020, Arnoldus Vander Horst House, Dane Jackson Kayak Chile, Journey Embroidery, Low Band T-shirt, Cw Jobs, Mohawk Flooring, Cowboys Vs Roosters Highlights, Panthers 38 Falcons 0 2015, Kritika Sobti Wikipedia, 2001 Ravens Record, Detroit Snowfall 2018-2019, Gue'vesa Army, Come Dine With Me Netflix, Who Is Kamala Harris Married To, Song Parodies, Mitchell And Ness All-star 2020, Kwch News Anchor Leaving, Partition Chromatography, Tanya Abrol Net Worth, Madison City, Kweichow Moutai Brands, 49ers Defense 2020, Henry And Smith Revenue, Necessary Evil Philosophy, Golden Square Diageo, How To Use Pip, Brian Wilson Gloria, Pernod Ricard News, San Antonio Scorpions, Greenwich Palace Visit, David Carr Contract, Abc Channel 7 News Phone Number, Glass Extraction Tube Near Me, Spartans College Football, Zach Kittley, The Professionals Best Episodes, Long Dresses For Girls, Japanese Words Describing Nature, Bff Quotes, Amazon Work From Home Salary, Miss Africa 2016 Winner, Cookie Cutter Shark Attack, Who Dat Video, Seatgeek Stadium Capacity, Ron Ng White War, Career Progression Meaning In Tamil, Personal Growth And Professional Development For Teachers, The Layoff, Earl Thomas' Contract, Songs About London, Kendal Calling 2020 Lineup, Saints Vs Panthers 2020 Tickets, Mariam Habach Height, How Many Games Has Taylor Walker Played, Owner Van Driver Jobs Long Distance, Rugby Tables, Travis Scott Styrofoam, 1984-85 Albany Patroons, Large Hornets In Maryland, Gue'vesa Rules, Comic Con Vip Tickets, Part Time Jobs Liverpool, Shake It Like A Salt Shaker Gif, Pink U And Ur Hand Lyrics,