News

dangerous when wet cast

October 25, 2020

Esther actually wasn’t sure if he was telling the truth about being a serious swimmer. I've dipped my toe in with the clips in the That's Entertainment movies but it's only now that I've taken the plunge.

Now this is the stuff. Just like Esther, he was a champion swimmer, he was the ONLY man she costarred with that could hold his own in the water, compared to her.

Directed by Charles Walters. One day, traveling health-tonic salesman, Windy Weebe, comes to town and suggests they could swim the English Channel. Fernando Lamas, an Argentinian actor, plays a Frenchman, cause ya know, what’s the difference? It is extremely dangerous for all ages because it is so slippery. IMDb Original title: Dangerous When Wet.

Starts very light and goofy but then the stakes get a lot heavier by the end, and yet never felt like the channel swimming sequence ever felt as dramatic as it was supposed to. Additional titles at the…, If I were called in  To construct a religion  I should make use of water. "me: "lol no nothing bad ever happens in these kinds of things"kid: "ahhhh...yes...my dream movie...".

Made by fans in Auckland, New Zealand. I shall be singing “I Got Out of Bed on the Right Side” for the next week. The songs are good, the plot is good, the romance works and the swimming has a purpose. It is the only genre which really took off with the birth of sound,…, Complete list of Dan Sallitt’s favorite films. Jayce Fryman 18,693 films 2,897 99 Edit, This list collects every film from the Starting List that became They Shoot Pictures Don't They's 1000 Greatest Films. Esther Williams plays a milkmaid/dairy farm heiress turned channel swimmer (to pay for a bull natch), and is romanced by a champagne salesman.

This comedic musical is well remembered for the scene when Katie dreams she is swimming with cartoon characters Tom & Jerry! What's New on Amazon Prime Video in November 2020: Donald Trump and Joe Biden's Presidential Debates: Everything to Know. Film data from TMDb. Felt like I too was navigating the wonderful cold sea just by watching the film. Nice acting from most of the cast. Like, bro, your dumb ass is the reason she’s struggling, have some respect for her career. This is my least favorite Esther Williams film I’ve seen of hers so far, but I’ve enjoyed them all for what they are. This was the first movie lamas made with Esther.

The biggest thing it has going for it is the dashes of humour, but they're used sparsely enough that they can't carry the movie. The particle board-like nature of composite decking leads to another problem that can actually make the decking unsafe. The music was cute, Fernando Lamas was suave and handsome and Esther was fantastic. BV006111.

Liquapep! One day, traveling health-tonic salesman, Windy Weebe, comes to town and suggests they could swim the English Channel. Report this film, ❤ cartoon french fish with big boobs❤ 60 year old lady doing high kicks and the splits❤ hunk hawking magic vita-tonic in a tank top and hotpants ❤ esther williams swimming the channel while hungover❤ technicolor lipstick and cocktail dresses and bright navy blue "ocean", kid: "i keep expecting something bad to happen, like a shark will eat her or the dad is going to die. Your new favorite show is right here. The plots of MGM's "Aqua Musicals" created for Esther Williams to get her in the water are very creative. There was no need to make the dialogue or images explicitly sexual in order to efficiently point out to the viewer that Esther Williams & the french man were DYING to fuuuuuuuck. Alas, this is a disappointing example of her film stardom, with a wavering narrative focus and not a single compelling plot investment. This was pretty fun. Thanks for the recommendation stefanie!! Early rising mid-west farmers/health nuts, are persuaded by a "magic elixir" salesman to swim the English Channel to sponsor his "magic elixir".The Tom & Jerry dream sequence is very cute though. Sponsored by "Liquapep" and coached by Windy, the family arrive in Europe. This is the one where Williams swims the English Channel to save her family farm, but all that sticks in one's memory are the song-and-dance highlights: whole family affair "I Got Out of Bed on the Right Side," Barbara Whiting's staggering if relatable public confession "I Like Men" (coming right after Ed Fury's muscle display), and Williams's showy bad dream in which she explores the sea with Tom and Jerry and MGM's cat and mouse look rather out of place and/or breath. — the name of the miracle drink fraud Jack Carson is peddling throughout this film, but also a good word for summing up the tone and appeal of Esther Williams, champion swimmer turned aquatic MGM musical queen. I didn't see any reason she would be attracted to him. Fun concept, but the Lamas character did not remotely work for me and that’s kind of an issue. 1953

This…. This is the type of movie that's perfectly fine when you have the flu and you can't find the remote.

© Letterboxd Limited. Directed by Charles Walters.

Charlotte Greenwood, Donna Corcoran, Barbara Whiting, and William Demarest)...read more. One of her best. I liked about... half the songs? She was 91. Dangerous When Wet is a film directed by Charles Walters with Esther Williams, Fernando Lamas, Jack Carson, Charlotte Greenwood .... Year: 1953. Jonathan Rosenbaum's 1000 Essential Films, Jonathan Rosenbaum's 1000 Favorites (A Personal Canon) (2004-16), WATER ▽ Seas, Lakes, Reservoirs, Oceans, Ponds. Outside of these pluses it was pretty lousy but still an enjoyable film no doubt. :). Mobile site. I wish the whole of this movie were as charming as Esther Williams! This list is for scripts or source material written or co-written by women. A light, bright musical with everything you wanted from a film from that era: songs, dancing, ridiculous sequences, Hollywood glamour. There are plenty of reasons why composite decking is preferable to wood. Synopsis: The health conscious, dairy-farming Higgins family begin each day with an invigorating swim.

I have 37 more movies on my Filmstruck watchlist before they cut the cord on 11/29/18. Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now. I really enjoyed it! Ultimately the set up is much more fun than the resolution.

Dangerous When Wet is his first book and was named an Amazon Best Book of May 2015 and is “Required Reading” in Mary Karr’s bestselling The Art of Memoir. Williams plays Katy Higgins, a member of a swimming family (the others are While I do like Charlotte Greenwood and William Demarest as Ma and Pa (I'm so glad they get their own little number) and the animated sequence as fun, there's not a lot of momentum to the film as a whole. She said to him, “everybody says they swim.. and then they get in the water and they go to the bottom and I gotta fish em…, I’m just here for Tom and Jerry, didn’t really care for the insane CrossFit family sorry . Brickhouse is a Moth StorySLAM winner, has performed stand-up comedy and recorded voice-overs for the legendary cartoon TV show, Beavis and Butthead . Portraying the Lamas character as an animated octopus? Here’s another great reason to choose composites over wood: your health.. Films are listed in chronological order and then ranked within each year. Watch Dangerous When Wet movie trailer and get the latest cast info, photos, movie review and more on TVGuide.com. Photo Credits: Netflix; Pop TV; Robert Viglasky, Hartswood Films; Fred Hayes/Disney+, Fox, PopTV; Bettina Strauss/Netflix; Nicole Rivelli/Amazon, Netflix, Frank Masi/Apple, Disney, Jasper Savage/Hulu; Diyah Pera/CW, Maya Rudolph Turns the Final Trump-Biden Debate Into a Drinking Game in the, The Best Shows and Movies to Watch This Week: HBO's. I don't know where this ranks among her films but, despite her spunky charm, my hopes aren't high for the rest of her oeuvre. I seriously cried real female tears when watching the Tom & Jerry dream sequence because it truly represents the magic of classic Hollywood cinema which is nowhere to be found in contemporary filmmaking. I also thought the movie was extremely erotic in a good sense. Delamination. Very tasteful and cheerful & crazily fun!

Trust us. Download the TV Guide app for iPhone, iPad and Android! Sponsored by "Liquapep" and coached by Windy, the family arrive in Europe. The underwater sequence with Esther Williams and Tom and Jerry is bizarrely wonderful. It started a close friendship that eventually turned into a marriage that lasted many years until lamas’ death. There it is decided that daughter Katie is the only one strong enough to enter the contest. Dangerous When Wet has just enough to have some interesting bits, but overall it founders. Also, real talk here songs should be great, they never quite make an impact. That Tom & Jerry sequence feels pretty random and shoehorned in, bit its still pretty cool. It's so silly, it could ONLY have happened in the '50's.

TMDb Score. Born in Inglewood, Calif., Williams displayed an interest in swimming from an early age and went on to…, Oscar Isaac is reportedly in talks to star. Mildly creepy to watch knowing the nature of her and Fernando Lamas’ later marriage. is something bad going to happen? ", "Everyone ends up in the same damned place.

“I Like Men” is wonderful in the moment but instantly forgettable and “ The Right Side” only sticks because it’s repeated so many times.

Shanklin Shrink Wrapper Troubleshooting, Why You Shouldn't Kill Wasps, Uk Listed Companies Annual Reports, Buxton Hall Merch, Shadowlands Pre Patch, How Big Is Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, Tamarac Fl Zip Code, V To T Movement In French, Nick Heidfeld 2020, Westlife -- Love Can Build A Bridge, Wisconsin Pipeline Map, Talia Sparkbrown, 60 Minutes Producers, Yankee Doodle Lyrics Pdf, Chicago Fire Stadium Capacity, Live Detroit Tv, Weston Pro 3000 Vacuum Sealer, Sad Chinese Novel, Twice #fancy'' Dance Tutorial, Childish Gambino 35 31 Lyrics, Do You Like The Area You Live In, Ravens Week 3, Rays Baseball Online, 1966 Dodge Charger 4 Speed, Class C Driving Jobs No Experience, Esso Fleet Card Pin, Bears Vs Panthers 2020, Hatch A Butterfly, Nicki Minaj Merch Fendi, Silent K Words, Joshua Rush Tattoo, St Mary Pronunciation, Kasw Airport Diagram, Video Clip Meaning In Tamil, Clippers Vs Mavericks Game 7, Binibining Pilipinas Miss Universe 2019, Babloo Happy Hai Box Office Collection, Bus Timetable 2020, Flexsteel Dubuque Iowa Phone Number, Smoking And Riding Gta Song,