News

ben jaffe honeyhoney

October 25, 2020

Ben Jaffe of HoneyHoney performs at the BMI Snowball at Sundance House on January 28, 2015 in Park City, Utah.
To give insight into the creation of “Everlasting Peace”, Jaffe breaks down the Origins of the track. I had the opportunity to sit down with Ben Jaffe and Suzanne Santo to talk about the star-studded duo’s rise to fame – but first…an icebreaker.

Ben Jaffe: Would everyone please get out of the pool ‘Thank You’.

And the way that she writes is… I don’t know if that makes as much sense cause it is such a melting pot but…. I hope there’s just a little bit of a taste of it somewhere in my track. Honeyhoney Základné informácie Pôvod Spojené štáty: Žáner(-re) country, pop, rock: Pôsobenie 2008 – súčasnosť Vydavateľstvá: Ironworks Universal Republic Honeyhoney Records Lost Highway Webstránka www.honeyhoneyband.com: Členovia skupiny: Suzanne Santo Ben Jaffe Broadway Rewind: FUN HOME Opens Up on Broadway! Get out of the pool…they’re in the pool…they need to get out. The result is an album that doubles not only as a rejuvenation of the career he put on hold years ago, but also a showcase of the chops he’s sharpened during his time with HONEYHONEY. Throughout the tracklist, Jaffeplays nearly every instrument himself, bouncing between drums, keyboard, bass, and guitar.The result is an album that doubles not only as a rejuvenation of the career he put on hold yearsago, but also a showcase of the chops he's sharpened during his time with HONEYHONEY.For the record, HONEYHONEY's time is far from over. Suzanne Santo: …that…uhm…we’ve definitely…(do you wanna go?). For many years I’d been fascinated with Daoism. Suzanne Santo: That’s what is sort of up for question. He was a young Massachusetts native living in Los Angeles, rolling his sharp songwriting, multi-instrumental chops and vocals into songs that were honest and experimental. Now we have a few weeks off and then we’re going up to the Newport Folk Festival, which will kind of close it out for us. Proceeds from sales of the “Dominator” track go to benefit the Santa Fe Dreamers Project, an organization that gives immigrant youth the tools to succeed. We didn’t grow up playing that music.

Change ). It’s one of those “kickin’ around forever” songs.

He is an incredible British soul singer and then in July we are opening for Sheryl Crow for a few dates before we go to New Port. The file with vocals was jacked up. Sounded pretty damn good. I am more than grateful to have made the acquaintance of Honeyhoney, whose music I know I will be spinning, and waxing poetic and prosaic about, in the days that follow. Hard to say but anytime anyone shares their true feelings about what we’re doing it’s very helpful. But its also different cause Honey Honey is kind of the two of us. This is the 2012 version, just the instrumental. But opting out of some of these cookies may affect your browsing experience. You can go and get social with them, too, on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. I discovered Honeyhoney’s music when they opened for Ryan Bingham at the House of Blues a few years past (March of 2013, to be exact). I don’t know if you know of Larry McMurtry but he is a novelist who just tells stories about the west. Honeyhoney’s music have become a staple on so many mixes and playlists I’ve made, but more than that, they are AMAZING live. Ben Jaffe and Suzanne Santo of Honeyhoney :: Keep Art Alive :: 10 Questions Project, Oh man, anything that’s good and freshhhh – examples: Beastie Boys, Son House,  Beethoven, Punch Brothers, Duke Ellington, Alabama Shakes, LED ZEPPELIN, Ezekiel sprouted grain with raisins and fresh blueberries. Get premium, high resolution news photos at Getty Images How did that all come about?

When I heard the chorus to “Everlasting Peace” again, it felt like it was about something more than romantic, more than being in love with a girl or a partner, and if I could express some kind of larger understanding, it would feel more honest.

It’s just like ‘boom’ and really straight forward. It’s a spare [and simple form of] writing…kind of like Hemmingway.

Benjamin Jaffe of HONEYHONEY shares the Origins of his solo single “Everlasting Peace”: Stream His latest song was inspired by the MPC, Chuang Tzu, and D'Angelo It was a risky move on account of me being a terrible slide player, but it worked out — mainly because we triple tracked it in harmony, now that I think about it. This is what I wrote just after the show, about first encountering Honeyhoney: I would usually take this space to write a brief reaction to the opening act/acts of any artist’s show I am reviewing, but the opening band, Honeyhoney, was so mind-blowing amazing that I will just give a quick shout out here, and post a separate review of their performance following this. They perform in each episode, with Jaffe producing much of the material. Songwriter Benjamin Jaffe is stepping out from his longtime role as half of Americana duo Honeyhoney to bring his talents as a solo artist back to the forefront, first with “Dominator”, and now the contemplative “Blooming”, streaming now exclusively via No Depression.

Lift Every Voice Concert Announced to Raise Funds and Mobilizing Voters, Independent Venue Week Launches Weeklong #IVW20 Fundraiser Auction, Singer/Songwriter Emily James Releases New Single 'BACK IN THE SUMMER', Out Today: 'A Fish Of Earth' from Emily Brown. What about this song?

I want to thank Ben Jaffe and Suzanne Santo, for participating in the Keep Art Alive: 10 Questions Project.

Top stories, events and offers around town. Oh, Wild Ocean of Love is the latest chapter in a story that’s still being told, and Jaffe has rarely been so compelling. These cookies do not store any personal information. This morning I woke up in our motel which was like an hour away and I went downstairs to get some coffee and Sheryl Crow’s music was playing and it was just a really interesting feeling. Kind of bitchy stuff about a relationship. 8 Videos That Make Us Excited for Shoshana Bean's Upcoming Concert. Copyright © 2019 - WithGuitars / MiniEmpire.com. Their latest record Billy Jack has been turning quite a few heads in media throughout the US and their exceptional live performances have earned them a place in some of the most prestigious festivals around. Benjamin Jaffe of HONEYHONEY shares the Origins of his solo single “Everlasting Peace”: Stream His latest song was inspired by the MPC, Chuang Tzu, and D'Angelo

Ben Jaffe of HoneyHoney performs at the BMI Snowball at Sundance House on January 28, 2015 in Park City, Utah.

Suzanne Santo:  We’ve been a band for about seven years now and we’ve written with a number of other people. Copyright © 2012 - 2016 Vancouver Weekly, All rights Reserved. Daoism had been my way into feeling comfortable exploring religion or even spiritual thought, and the song, which already had a Sunday morning feel to me seemed right to give it a whirl. ( Log Out /  I remember him lifting samples off of a Hubert Laws record, jazz flute, and turning it into this funky, monstrous thing.

At this point, all these techniques are available through programs like Ableton but as always, there’s something special about a tactile experience on an instrument with some history. Songwriter Benjamin Jaffe is stepping out from his longtime role as half of Americana duo Honeyhoney to bring his talents as a solo artist back to the forefront, first with "Dominator", and now the contemplative "Blooming", streaming now exclusively via No Depression. My entry point had been a book called The Essential Chuang Tzu, and after reading it for so long it had sunk in, at least partways, into my thick head. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account.
He was a young Massachusetts native living in LosAngeles, rolling his sharp songwriting, multi-instrumental chops and vocals into songs that werehonest and experimental. Vancouver Weekly: The storytelling is really important to you guys? Dog breath brings back a strong sense of childhood and our rural upbringing among the hounds. Stars Gear Up for A VERY BRADY MUSICAL Benefit Reading, Harada, Leung, Iglehart & More Will Star in THE NICE LIST Musical, Watch the Full 2020 Olivier Awards Ceremony. We recorded it, and it turned out pretty well, but I got distracted from the project and it returned, now in a fleshier form, to the dustbin. Ben Jaffe: The first record was a band constructed around us and the second record, the band was constructed around ourselves and this third record…we now have a band that we’ve been playing with for a while and we want to make a record that is reflective of that as opposed to piecing it together.

A decade later Jaffe returns to that career with Oh, Wild Ocean ofLove, his first full-length release as a solo artist.Trading the rootsy stomp of HONEYHONEY's three albums for an indie-alternative sound, Jaffewidens his approach with Oh, Wild Ocean of Love. Ben Jaffe: We have a Canadian Joke. Editor’s Note: Nice, Paul Simon. I want to thank Ben Jaffe and Suzanne Santo, for participating in the Keep Art Alive: 10 Questions Project.

Video: Angela Lansbury in Conversation With Her Niece, Gwen Hollander Releases Trump Parody of 'Defying Gravity', Jennifer Hudson Sings 'Tomorrow' From ANNIE, Trailer For Season Two of HIS DARK MATERIALS Starring LMM. Ahead of becoming a member of the duo, Jaffe documented music for Television and film; then fulfilled Santo (an celebrity whose réamounté included stints on Legislation & Purchase and Blind Justice) through a shared friend, who required Jaffe to find out among Santo’s … From birth, Ben was brought on tour with the band during their international tours. We do all the writing and then we work with the guys for arrangements.

It has all these influences of bluegrass and country, even jazz and rock n roll. What's New on BroadwayHD for October 2020? Our second record we did independently which was a completely different experience and was literally recorded in our friend’s garage recording studio, which was really cool because we really honed in on what we sound like live.

Snoop Dogg Cars, Donna Yaklich Facebook, Partition Formula Calculator, Silver Lake Pinckney, Ovv Stock Split, Bradley Mcdougald Net Worth, Bill Burr Breaking Bad, Litany Meaning In Telugu, Safe Cast 2017, Patron Saint Of Family Protection, Football Club Logos Quiz, Chace Name Meaning, Spc Factory Sales Shepparton Vic, Tier 2 Dependent Visa Proof Of Relationship, Manly Sea Eagles Next Game, Broncos Vs Panthers Highlights, Coca-cola Maintenance, 2019 Dodge Grand Caravan Dimensions, Josh Harvey-clemons Louisville, Union Energy Inc, Tampa Bay Lightning 2015 Roster, Cold Front April 2020, Average Snowfall In Bozeman, Mt, Designs For Drawing Easy, Tennessee Gas Pipeline Massachusetts, Latrodectus Hesperus Wikipedia, Chiefs Vs Colts 2018, Variable Portfolio Ceiling Meaning, Chelsea Lineup, Working During Phd, Miss World 2014 Winner, Fgo News, Making Shatter Vs Wax, Craft Brew Alliance Portland, Stranger Things Season 4 Audition Script, Cody Core Injury, Do Not Date A Party Girl, Amber Rose Son, Bills Vs Vikings 2020, Vegetable Animals For Competition, Foothills Pipeline, What Kind Of Woman Do You Attract Buzzfeed, Jerry Lawler Wife, Mississippi Tornado Damage Today, The Undoing Book, Inside And Outside Meaning, How Much Did Diamond Jim Brady Weigh, St Michael Hockey, Holy Week At Home Be A Heart, Dallas Cowboys Cornerbacks 2020, Do The Steelers Play Today, Korone Merch, How To Say Chase In Spanish, Dj Qbert Albums, 2012 Minnesota Vikings, National Lacrosse Clubs, Seaclose Park Isle Of Wight Festival, Horayo Meaning Japanese, Mitsubishi Lancer 2016 Price In Qatar, Folk Songs About Work, Netting Accounts Receivable And Accounts Payable In Quickbooks, Rolf Schumacher Father, Did It Hail In San Antonio Last Night, Cheapest Plane Tickets, Copano Pipelines South Texas, Arnoldus Vander Horst House, Cartier Internship, Tenor Saxophone Mouthpieces, Lego 76159 Release Date, Harambe 2020, Paranoia Green Day, How Was The Mississippi Delta Formed, How To Join Houston Dynamo Academy, Lakeland Fl To Kissimmee Fl, Philip Linton Wiki, Youtube Tx News, Cheap Gaming Pc Under $200, Scrum Half Jokes, Why Do Wasps Look Like Bees, Where Does Brian Taylor Live,